Thursday 16 June 2011

grave happenings

Latest addition to my photo career, another variety of images, perhaps I need to make up mind and settle on a theme for a while.

Some portrait and other shots from last night at Hanbury Church, bearing in mind I had no control over the indoor lighting, lit with 2 photo flood lamps.

the man of thunder and retribution, cross him as you will


the grave digger enquiring when I am due


you were saying when?

now then, are you listening

and I told you so


looking from the window of my world


a resting place


Flowers amongst the grave stones


I also have attempted to do some jewellery shots and here they are. Diamonds are very difficult!


a lovely diamond ring



a really elegant pearl necklace, the colours are glorious. Needs a better background though/


Photographed on tin foil, but does show the shape of the pearls.


the pearls on the display bust


the diamond necklace not very good no sparkle.

If someone can tell me how to image diamonds I would be most grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eric, some very good atmospheric shots, showing the people in their own elements, certainly no grave mistakes there ;-))

    The jewellery shots are good ! Always remember 'diamonds are forever' difficult to photograph because of their reflective nature. Or a someone once said 'diamonds are a girl's best friend' but a photographer's nightmare !

    I prefer those shots taken on the black background.

    Perhaps, if the diamonds were polished just before taking the photographs ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got "Santa" David can't remember his surname in for your shoot.

    Not bad on the jewelry mate but I Think youve cropped em 2 tight

    ReplyDelete